Thursday 11 October 2012

Away for the Weekend

For all of you in cold places: hah! I'm going up to Brisbane (which was a sunny 30 degrees Celsius yesterday) tomorrow.

I'm actually attending a Christian writers conference, which is super exciting - other writers, other Christians, hopefully just enough christian publishers that there is one gullible enough to take a look at my manuscript :D

It will be all good.

This follows the sad news that Karen Ball from Steve Laube literary agency was not interested in becoming my agent. Well, to be more honest, her assistants didn't even think it worth while her reading my manuscript. She herself might be very lovely and think my work is fantastic, but we will never know.

Though, at least I passed the query letter stage. Yes, I'm trying to stay focused on the positive.
Obviously my actual proposal could do with some work. Or I could just stop being Australian and become an American, that might help too.

But, rejection is all part of the game. Am going to get a nail and skewer all my rejection emails (after being printed off, not while still on the computer). It will be very cathartic I believe.

Basic purpose of this post was to let you know that I will finally be warm for the weekend, and that I won't be posting.

Also, just to let you know, I'm going to be cutting down to posting only 3-4 times a week, now that I'm also keeping up my fitness blog (which is fun, I have to admit).

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment