Monday 3 December 2012

December Plans

Welcome to December!



Okay, well, that was what December was like when my little sister visited me in the UK. Not quite what it is like here in Australia right now. 

It's more like:


Awesome, no? 

(And despite any photographic evidence to the contrary, I'm not just about flick water at my littler sister. I'm innocent, I tell you, innocent!) 
 
NaNoWriMo is over for another year, well 11 months, and Christmas and the end of the year are under a month away. 

Now is a great time to start thinking about your writing goals and path for next year. 

Don't wait until New Year's Eve, you'll be drunk then and either forget or think that you will be able to hack out 20 drafts in one year (sadly I wasn't drunk, I'm just insane).

So, because of this great piece of wisdom, and the fact I'm working overtime at my day job for the rest of the month, I've decided to put the Challenge on hold for a month. 

In case you are wondering of course I'm allowed to do that, it's my challenge and I want to get the most out of it, which means not burning myself out and also taking time to reorganise as necessary.

But I'm not giving up writing for the month.

Instead, I'm planning to work quite a bit on this and my fitness blog, which you might have noticed already have had some funky rearranging happening. I'm also going to put concerted effort into actually getting Sally Hunt out there. I'm going to keep working on my query letter and proposal, as well as researching agents and becoming so obnoxious that someone finally takes the book just to shut me up, yah! 

Along with that, if I get a chance, I want to try and finish off 'After the Winter', my NaNoWriMo novel, which reached the 50,000 word limit, but wasn't actually completed. 

Am really looking forward to actually getting time to focus and think. I also need to come up with some ideas for drafts for next year! 

Any ideas, anyone? (though, if you tell me, I might steal them, just letting you know).

No comments:

Post a Comment